Re: [teacherartexchange] pinwheels for peace

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 17:13:10 PDT

> On September 9, 2005 6:11:30 AM EDT, Randy wrote:

> I am excited and nervous about the paper pinwheels.(pinwheelsforpeace)
> Teachers keep coming to me like I am the expert. Ya right. I am
> going to
> take pictures with and with out kids, Ann...What size image(jpg) do
> you
> want us to sent you for the post pinwheel affair?

At our school, we're having the students use straws for the sticks of
the pinwheels. When we "plant" them, will slip the straw over a
bamboo skewer (like you use for bbq) and it should go into the ground
easily. Because we intend to spin over 4,000 pinwheels at our
school, we've been in "pinwheel mode" for the past several weeks.

We're starting to get photos of students working on pinwheels! For
those who are sending photos of your pinwheel installations, you can
email them to me or you can send them via snail mail (Ann Ayers,
Monarch High School, 5050 Wiles Road, Coconut Creek, FL 33073).
Don't worry about the size, I'll resize them in photoshop.

We now have over 915 sites where pinwheels will be whirlling- More
are joining every day (I added 40 new sites today)! We figure that
close to a half million pinwheels will be installed on Sept. 21st!
WOW!!

ann
http://www.pinwheelsforpeace.com