Re: [teacherartexchange] sighting high school

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 08:04:28 PDT

I just completed a "Five Senses" still life drawing that produced very nice
products. The students worked on basic skills, but I think because they had
a personal interest in the items they had a vested interest in the project.
For sound most students brought in CD cases, players, headphones, cell
phones, and one brought in a bike horn! Scent produced alot of drawings of
their favorite cologne, taste was covered by favorite snack foods & drinks.
Most students drew their sunglasses, hats, or eye makeup for sight. The
hardest for most was touch and was shown with stuffed animals. Most had
pretty challenging items, and I was very impressed with the overall interest
and quality of their drawings. I will be posting this lesson on my site as
soon as I get a chance.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids