[teacherartexchange] sighting high school

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 07:41:41 PDT

I teach high school drawing. I need a better lesson for sighting. Does
anyone have a good lesson that also produces a nice product? I have tried
small still life objects on the table, wood blocks, wood sticks, short
exercises, and hallway line drawing. Any suggestions for something a little
bit more fun, which also teaches the necessary skills of sighting angle,
proportion, placement and size relationships? I can teach all these things
but the end result is never very exciting to look at, and the students seem
to forget all of it as soon as we move on to something else. Any help?
Thank you!
Pam Wellington
Art Dept. Chair
Boiling Springs High School, Pennsylvania