[teacherartexchange] Student teachers take on community art project

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 08:13:55 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many Getty list members will remember Sarah Crow - Pam Stephen's
pre-service teacher who joined Getty list last year. Sarah Crow and
Kim Lincoln (both students of Pam's) are working on a community
project inspired by William Cochran's Community Bridge.
Here is a newsletter from Northern Arizona University:
http://www4.nau.edu/insidenau/bumps/9_7_05/art.htm

Cochran's Community Bridge is a fascinating work of Trompe L'oeil
http://bridge.skyline.net/

Pam - keep me updated.... I will put this on Art News on IAD (but
would like an image of the project when completed - if possible).

These two student teachers will have no trouble finding a full time
teaching position as they are doing something that will set them apart
for all of the other applicants.
Those of you in teacher training programs right now - what will you do
that will make your name rise to the top of the stack? What will you
do to show that you will also GIVE to the community? Rachelle - who
went to Houston and was "art therapist" for a weekend will have no
problem finding a job. If you are going to college in a community that
has a large number of evacuees - take the initiative and talk to your
methods instructors and tell them you want to be "art therapists" to
the children in the shelters.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department