Re: [teacherartexchange] Millet "The sower" ideas please

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 05:22:49 PDT

Van Gogh did his own version of the Sower. Millet was one his inspirations.
For me I like the idea of exploring one's mentors. Millet to Van Gogh, you to
your students. Who are your heroes, etc. Also both Millet and Van Gogh were
inspired by the beauty of the hard work of daily laborers as they toiled
dispite their obvious poverty. Millet's the Good Samaritan and I think Van
Gogh did his interpretation of that based upon Millet's work, as well. The
idea of others helping others and receiving/giving as the "reward" is timely in
the aftermath of Katrina.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate