[teacherartexchange] ah Rachel!!

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 03:11:30 PDT

Such a bold idea Rachel. Art on a cart indeed!!! You inspired me on a day
that was hot and muggy and bleak in Maine.

Four years ago my students did aprox. 1000 cranes and we hung them.Two
years later we bagged them to send them to the memorial. Well yesterday we
dusted them off and started re stringing them with my advanced art
students. They slipped into team work so easily...Three students working
the ladder ( we have 16 foot ceilings) the reset counting and re stringing
birds. 9/11 is on a Sunday this year so to remember it we did this.

I am excited and nervous about the paper pinwheels.(pinwheelsforpeace)
Teachers keep coming to me like I am the expert. Ya right. I am going to
take pictures with and with out kids, Ann...What size image(jpg) do you
want us to sent you for the post pinwheel affair? What excites me is the
projector I have access to now at school . If I can pull up my bootstraps,
I think I can project the site on the wall and we can show the students all
the photos when you have them on the site.. Whirling off to school now....
pinwheel&crane Randy