Re: [teacherartexchange] Art News - What are you/your students doing to help?

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 13:59:19 PDT

we are making my 94 sentra into an art car! my
advanced art students are starting it and then leading
the rest of our hs students, faculty, and staff. the
theme of the car is flowers as a symbol of
remembrance, new growth, and diversity... for $1
donation to the red cross, you get to paint a flower
on the car. my kids are diagramming it so the final
"composition" is balanced on each part and adding
stems, leaves, vines, insects, etc. to unify and
complete it. we're using (donated) acrylic paint
along with paint markers and spray clear coat sealer.
after its all done i will add text "eastside high
school gainesville florida/reaching out to help our
brothers and sisters in la and mi/$ raised for
hurricane katrina relief. our goal is $1000. we're
doing it wed - fri next week during lunch. other
student groups are doing activities, too - its a huge
schoolwide effort. i'm so proud of our kids! will
send pix of before, during, and after.

:D wendy free