[teacherartexchange] United Streaming- video clips for use in art room

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 13:28:03 PDT

I wanted to make everyone aware of a service that is out there on the web
offering video clips for use in instruction. The site is united streaming:
http://www.unitedstreaming.com/logins/login_www.cfm?unique=3766385E-BCDE-F2E8-724A11B8CF50BDBA

You can look up whether or not your school system has already purchased a
subscription to the service. Many people have no idea it is there. (If you are
a part of NWOCA in NW Ohio, it is available on the NWOCA homepage for FREE.
Click on the box to the right of the "NWOCA Information" box.)

They have video clips for all subject areas, including art. Most are fairly
short(10-20 min) and are broken down into smaller segments, so you can pick
and choose. I used one today with my Pre-Kinders about line.

Some topics available: What Is Art?, Intro to Pop Art, Line In Art, Color In
Art, Collage, Pastel, Salvador Dali, etc.

Hope some of you have this available! If not, maybe you could approach your
school about getting it.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH