[teacherartexchange] Art News - What are you/your students doing to help?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 06:45:11 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I want to "shout" about the efforts you - and your students - are doing to help.
Send - or post your news and I will add it to Art News on Incredible
Art Department.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/artnews.html

I have added Rachelle's story - for those of you who may have missed it:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/Katrina.htm

I will add your stories to the page (and revise page title) as they come in.

Jan Hillmer gets the credit for the idea to send gently used (but
still good) surplus art supplies to the schools receiving large
numbers of new students. Here are the addresses I supplied.

Art Supplies - Attention Anne Silvers
HISD Warehouse Operations
Central Receiving
228 McCarty
Houston, Texas 77029

email: ASILVER at houstonisd.org
Phone 713-676-9293
------------------------------------

Art Supplies- Attention: Josephine Hollins
Birmingham Public Schools
Davis Center
417 29th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35233

email: jhollins at bhamcityschools.org
-------------------------------------

Art Supplies - Partners in Education
Becky Starling, Coordinator
662 South President Street
P.O. Box 2338
Jackson, MS 39225-2338

email rstarling at jackson.k12.ms.us
Phone number 601-960-8905

Art Supplies - Taifa "Tai" St. Julien
Public Information Officer
East Baton Rouge Parish School System
1050 S. Foster Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806

Phone: (225) 922.5611
email address tstjulien at ebrschools.org

(Of course email addresses have @ and no spaces - I just didn't want
email bots to harvest them).

These four contacts will at least be a place to start.... Many of you
live in communities that will be receiving evacuees. Volunteer "Art
Therapists" will be needed.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department