[teacherartexchange] New Book: Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera - Their Lives and Ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:37:32 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Hispanic Heritage Month is fast approaching. I know many of you want
to plan lessons. There is a new book out that has 24 activites
relating to art of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera as well as to art of
Ancient Mexico and Mexican Folk Art (Days of the Dead activities). The
activities are suitable for elementary - and can be stepped up to
middle school. Reading level I would say is middle school (and up).

"*Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera: Their Lives and Ideas, 24 Activities* (Chicago
Review Press, August 2005, ages 9 & up) by Carol Sabbeth...This
activity book will spark artistic inspiration in children as they
explore the fascinating world of these iconic artists."

"Young artists will learn about Kahlo and Rivera's influential works in
*Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera,* and experience their styles with 24
hands-on activities such as painting a Kahlo-like self portrait or creating a
mural with a social message. The personal and artistic development of both
artists is highlighted in this beautifully illustrated book, as well as
a history of 20th Century Mexico, giving children a well-rounded look
into these legendary Mexican artists. *Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera* is the
newest book in the Chicago Review Press's successful art activity book
series."

Book can be ordered at any book store for $17.95 ISBN: 1556525699
160 pages - 50 color photos - 10 black and white photos - and color
illustrations throughout for activities.

Independent Publishers Group http://www.ipgbook.com
http://www.ipgbook.com/showbook.cfm?bookid=1556525699&userid=31A54CB9-803F-2B7A-70D57534FF99EC1D

Regards,

Judy Decker