Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Another Backpacks effort - primarily for Houston Schools

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:04:14 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a site that makes it easy for you to contribute school supplies:
Project Backpack: Katrina Relief for Displaced Children in Houston, TX

You can order supplies from Office Depot right from the site ($50.00
or more - free shipping) and have them sent to the location of your

The Houston address I gave you is listed - as well as other locations.

Here is the list of suggested supplies for Houston Schools:

and if you want to order from the site:

Office Depot is donating 2% of sales from this site to hurricane
relief efforts (Habitat for Humanity).

This site was posted to Net Gold list serve.

Since there are so many efforts to collect general school supplies (in
Houston and around the country), I decide to send a box of art
supplies only - to the addresses I gave you. As I said before, if you
want a specific school to help and a name of an art teacher, make
contact to the affected districts. They should know more what is still
needed next week. All of these districts have a large percentage of
low income students as it is.... so there was already a need for art
supplies. I know my supplies will be put to good use.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to