[teacherartexchange] Jackson Mississippi and Baton Rouge Louisiana need Art Supplies

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 08:52:32 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know some of you are interested in doing fund raisers for individual
schools. I can not give you names of specific schools yet but will
give you contact people for Jackson, Mississippi and East Baton Rouge,
Louisiana school districts - both cities have received thousands of
evacuees (I heard Baton Rouge "nearly doubled in size" on the news).

Here is mailing address and contact person for Jackson, Mississippi

Partners in Education
Becky Starling, Coordinator
662 South President Street
P.O. Box 2338
Jackson, MS 39225-2338

email rstarling@jackson.k12.ms.us
Phone number 601-960-8905

Here is mailing address and contact person for East Baton Rouge Louisiana.

Taifa "Tai" St. Julien
Public Information Officer
East Baton Rouge Parish School System
1050 S. Foster Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806

Phone: (225) 922.5611
email address tstjulien@ebrschools.org

Both will need more time if you are wanting to "adopt a school/art teacher".
Both school associates assured me that supplies are needed as they
were low to begin with.

I spoke with the Sales Rep for Sax and you will be able to get free
shipping on supplies orders you place through them. Ask for Mary
Riley. I have her fax number if you want to fax your order to her. Sax
will be donating supplies to areas in need, too. I am placing an order
this week for the school districts I have contacted personally.

Many of you will be getting evacuees in your area and will find ways
to help there.

I have tried to contact Lafayette, Louisiana, too. This is where Kathy
Hughes - art teacher from New Orleans and list member - is calling
home for a while. Lafayette Louisiana has over 3000 new students to
enroll. I have been unable to reach a contact person there.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/