[teacherartexchange] Hi Judi - service project

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 17:10:35 PDT

Hi Judi,

I have written/spoken to real people and the need is there.

I am going to contact Baton Rouge tomorrow.
I didn't hear anything from Louisiana Dept of Education on specific areas (I
didn't expect I would).
I saw on the news tonight the Baton Rouge has doubled in size - so there
will be a need there too.
Personally, if I were doing a fund raiser with kids, I would want to know
the name of the school that was receiving the supplies.
Let me see if I can get them to provide the name of a school that will be
receiving a lot of new students - and maybe the name of the art teachers
there.

I will let you know tomorrow what I find out. I bet you could get free
shipping to the school district(s) if you ordered from Sax. Explain what you
are doing.

Do plan on the service project - the money can always go to the Red Cross if
not to one of these school districts. Get the students excited about it now.
Birmingham really emphasized the need for money for uniforms, underwear and
shoes.

Judy