Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Birmingham Alabama Schools can use art supplies

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 13:04:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I did hear back from Birmingham, Alabama schools. Birmingham has
around 35,000 evacuees.

If you want to send art supplies (or any kind of supplies) send to:

Josephine Hollins
Birmingham Public Schools
Davis Center
417 29th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35233

Indicate on package if you are sending art supplies. Josephine also
noted that underwear and shoes are needed as well as money for

Those of you wanting a "adopt" a teacher - might browse this site:
This site lists all of the public schools in the United States.
Browse the state you want - then go to city.
You could get the address there of a school - send a letter addressed
to the administrator and see if he/she will connect you to the school
art teacher.

Do we have any list members teaching in cities that have a large
population of evacuees? Could we help YOU? Reply to me off list with
your name and school address and I will round help help for you.

List members whose schools were affected contact me too with how we can help.
Let us know that you are safe.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department