[teacherartexchange] Houston Schools can use Art Supplies

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 10:10:05 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Some of you may have surplus art supplies - or even slightly used.
I have talked to two individuals from Houston Independent School
District and found that art supplies are indeed needed to handle the
additional enrollment.

Send to:

Art Supplies - Attention Anne Silvers
HISD Warehouse Operations
Central Receiving
228 McCarty
Houston, Texas 77029

Of course basic school supplies are needed, too. They will have
thousands of new students enrolling. See their web site for required
supplies (you may have some of them in surplus, too).
http://www.houstonisd.org/

Supplies list:
http://www.houstonisd.org/HISD/portal/article/front/0,2731,20856_33478324,00.html

More on how to help:
http://www.houstonisd.org/HISD/portal/article/front/0,2731,20856_90333894_126391250,00.html

If I hear form other school districts, I will let you know. I wrote to
Birmingham, Alabama, too.
If you hear of schools needing supplies - do let us know.

Yes, there are more immediate needs - like food, water, blankets,
toiletries etc - but other organizations are covering those needs.

Before donating any of your art supplies, it would be wise to check
with your administrator first.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department