[teacherartexchange] FW: Special Coverage: Hurricane Katrina: The School Impact

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 15:11:21 PDT

Thought I would pass this on -
Ellen

-----Original Message-----
From: edweek.org [mailto:EducationWeek@clickaction.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 12:11 AM
To: esears@anchorage.k12.ky.us
Subject: Special Coverage: Hurricane Katrina: The School Impact

Dear e s,

Visit www.edweek.org for EDUCATION WEEK's continuing coverage of Hurricane
Katrina and its impact on schools. Recent stories include a roundup of
efforts to educate displaced students, insurance implications for the
schools affected, the impact of previous natural disasters on schools, and a
look at the management challenges ahead for the New Orleans school district.

See the complete series here:
http://www.edweek.org/ew/collections/hurricane-katrina/index.html

Here's a sampler of stories from our extensive, exclusive series:
Schools Open Doors to Katrina Victims as Recovery Begins
http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2005/09/02/02region_web.h25.html

Hurricane Adds to Concern Over Rising Fuel Costs
http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2005/09/02/02bus_web.h25.html

Houston-Area Schools to Enroll Evacuated New Orleans Children
http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2005/09/02/02astrodome_web.h25.html