Re: [teacherartexchange] Abundance

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 10:18:47 PDT

This is an excellent point. While I hate turning away any student who really
wants to take art, I also feel I cannot shortchange the students I have. I
lost some excellent art students early in my career due to excessively large
class sizes and not enough one-on-one time. If you look at your schedule and
compare to the number of students - it is unfair for a student to be able
to expect a maximum of 2 minutes of your time during a class period. If a
student REALLY wants to take my class I will look at their schedule and see
if I can help them rearrange their classes so that they can enroll in an art
class that still has openings. I often find that their desire to be in the
class dwindles when it involves abit of effort on their part.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids