Re: [teacherartexchange] Abundance

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 10:00:32 PDT

Jean Womack wrote:
> As long as she had students, she had
> a job. She had been out of work for nearly a year. Then they let her
> high school.

The first priority in teaching is to provide a good education for
our students so they will have an excellent life and we will have
quality communities to live in.

It's nice to have jobs for teachers, but that should not be our
priority. Excellent teachers need reasonable class sizes so their
students can learn in the best possible manner.

Teachers who would fill their classes to overflowing inorder
to have a job should go get a real job. The pay is better,
the hours shorter, and the stress is less.

                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net