Re: [teacherartexchange] Abundance

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 14:28:25 PDT

Hi Y.R.

Have you had a heart to heart conversation with the guidance folks? Are you
possibly getting a lot of "at risk" students? If you get no cooperation from
administration or the counseling folks, and you are having trouble managing the
class, one tactic that might work is to give a hard test so that some students
will go to the counselor and change the class themselves. Sounds cruel I know,
but if there really is no space for students, and you can't get the support you
need, I wonder if this is a good way to have students leave on their own. It
is an insane world in which we live these days...Many teachers including myself
are sometimes left to just fend for ourselves while administration just ignores
the very real problems we bring to them. I have discovered that much of the
time, I just simply have to try to find ways to get the job done myself.
Sometimes I have to be down right agressive to get attention. This is why it
is so important to build relationships and good relationships with other
teachers. Just this week the technology wasn't working and it took nearly all
week to get someone to fix it. I had to be let us say very persistent! This
kind of thing takes so much energy. It feels like being in a war zone
sometimes.

Geeesh!

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory