[teacherartexchange] recycled art inspiration

---------

From: Diane Kurzyna (reichman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 10:50:02 PDT

THIS is for teachers interested in seeing what artists in the Puget Sound
region of Washington State are doing with art from recycled materials:

The 4th Annual Invitational Recycled Art Show,
sponsored by Arts Ballard (http://artsballard.org/content/view/138/66/) and
the RE-store
(and curated by Diane Kurzyna , aka Ruby Re-Usable).

Recycled Art as a genre encompasses a myriad of materials and techniques:
wall pieces, floor pieces, art work that hangs from the ceiling, art work
that lights up, sculptures, paintings, photographs, and even some haute
trash fashion will be on display, all of it made from stuff most people
throw away.

Recycled Art is made from anything reused, recycled, salvaged, scrounged,
found, or otherwise saved from landfills, dumpsters, scrap yards, free bins,
roadsides, gutters, alleys, houses, garages, or barns. See what these
artists do with aluminum cans, fabric scraps, candy wrappers, wire, plastic
bottles, plastic bags, pop tops, lint, lemon peels, and other detritus.

It can be inspiring, useful, wearable, and beautiful, poignant, impractical,
hideous, humorous, or just downright trashy.

Over 35 artists from around the Puget Sound (and one from LA), including
Ross Palmer Beecher , Marita Dingus , Lynn DiNino , Diana Falchuk , Chris
Jordan , Diane Kurzyna , Deborah Lawrence , Marc Wenet , and Ellen
Ziegler.

Participating Artists:
Edith Abeyta
Barbara Barnes Allen
Joe Batt
Ross Palmer Beecher
Pirjo Berg
Teri Bevelacqua
Marita Dingus
Lynn DiNino
Diana Falchuk
Deborah Fay
Bill Fleming
Karen Graber
Jane Grafton
Linnea Granryd
Tracy Griffith
Kim Groff-Harrington
Stuart Gullstrand
Robert Hardgrave
Sarah Hennessey
Chris Jordan
George Kurzman
Diane Kurzyna
Deborah Lawrence
L.Kelly Lyles
Marcell Marias
Paul McKee
Russ Morgan
Tasha Ockfen
Jim Pridgeon
Suzanne E. Reed
Joan Stuart Ross
Steven Suski
Roger Wheeler
Sylvia White
Robin Worley ( www.hautetrash.org )
Marc Wenet
Ellen Ziegler

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
http://artsballard.org/content/view/138/66/

The 4th Annual Invitational Recycled Art Show,
sponsored by Arts Ballard and the RE-store
at: New York Fashion Academy
5201 Ballard AV NW
Seattle, WA 98107
the show opens Saturday, September 10 ( 6 - 9 pm) and runs through October
7, 2005.