[teacherartexchange] rhubarb papyrus - Egypt

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 19:34:12 PDT

Hi,
I have (somewhere) read that it can be done very well with rhubarb
(apparently simulates papyrus very well)....infact, I looked through the
egypt files I have and bingo-bango....I actually have a PDF file of making
paper with rhubarb.....no idea where it came from - must have found it on a
website somewhere (so, I have nothing better to do right now, so I will go
surfing...)

This isn't the one that I have, but it looks easy
http://members.tripod.com/~garnettes_miniatures/TUTORIALS/FauxPapyrus.html

http://www.digonsite.com/drdig/egypt/3.html
Scroll down to after #8 - seems to be a good explaination of how to make it

I found where I got the PDF from originally....
http://www.boiseartmuseum.org/education/egyptian.htm
but the no all the links are working (I have e-mailed the museum). E-mail
me off list if you would like it.

Have fun!
Sue