Re: [teacherartexchange] Handmade Paper from Plants - Lesson File on IAD

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 05:59:59 PDT

You can chop them and add them to paper pulp, and the result is paper
with plant pieces embedded, like the paper you see with bits of leaves
and flowers- they are more of an embelleshment. If you cook the plant,
the plant actually becomes the pulp. We used banana tree parts when I
was in school- among other things- I really liked using Artichoke
hearts, of course we made heart shaped paper with them too.
Heather