RE: visual information

---------

From: Madeline Fersko (maddy74_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 17:45:35 PDT

What an incredible piece of art! To the person who posted about wanting to
ignite a discussion on art with their students-I can't think of any other
fuel more thought provoking then this video.
  It definitly makes you realize the importance of Art. How art in many ways
is all about the selective collage of images, ideas, and associations from
our culture and others.....relayed to a public audience.
The sheer perspective of that video was tremendous. Even as an educated
adult I don't always think or am aware of just how lavishly and indulgent
our American culture is.....
   I think young people need to be inundated with idealism:) There is such
an omnipresent cynicism and materialism in our culture...young people, and
my own peers included- as I myself am only 24...want to get the highest
paying jobs...wear the fanciest designer labels..live in the most luxurious
homes....etc.....and of ocurse only aminute fraction of the youth that set
out to obtain these lofty goals ever reach them. While the rest, kill
themselves climbing the corprate ladder 70 hours a week... and obsessing
with gross vanity about their growing material wants. The whole notion
that a fraction of their monthly salaries could feed ten families in
Uganda.....would never even enter their minds... let alone their inbox's.
Now thanks to this incredible video..all of that might change...

>From: "Rick Larson" <jrlarson51@comcast.net>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: visual information
>Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:12:42 -0500
>
>This video seems to exemplify the true power of the web- hope you enjoy
it.
>Betsyhttp://www.worldonfire.ca/
>

>---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu