RE: Help! Need Ideas for art debate

---------

From: Madeline Fersko (maddy74_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 17:02:42 PDT

....HOw about igniting a discussion about the relevance of conceptual and
abstract art. You could probe your students by asking them some of the
following questions...

...Is it enough for a painting to just be beautiful to look at?

Does a painting have to be about 'something,?' Or can a painting be
successful simply because its fun to look at?

Is a painting or work of art successfull even if its ugly to look at ?

....Just some ideas for you...
Madeline Fersko

>From: vranck0602@aol.com
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: Help! Need Ideas for art debate
>Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:53:36 EDT
>
>Hello everyone,
>I need some ideas for a debate I can instigate in my middle school art
>classes. I was given this example: which artist best captured human
emotion, Picasso
>or Pollack? I personally think that is a bit out there for my age group,
but
>there has to be something. I knew you all were the place to get me jump
>started.
>Thanks,
>Vicki
>
>---