RE: Help! Need Ideas for art debate

---------

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 17:01:12 PDT

I would have each kid take on the persona (and maybe the dress too) of a
famous artist, and then have them sit as if on a Sunday talk show with a
moderator to discuss 'issues' (and I would video tape it as if it were a
Sunday TV Talk Show too!). Issues could be "what is art", or "Can you make
money as an artist" or "Are women artists fairly represented in the museums"
or "who is the most famous artist". I have done similar projects with my
gifted students. In one instance they made marionettes and faced off in
strict debate one marionette against another. (of course it goes without
saying that they all did much research before hand).

San D

---