Re: Help! Need Ideas for art debate

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 17:00:35 PDT

In a message dated 9/30/04 7:54:04 PM, vranck0602@aol.com writes:

> Picasso
> or Pollack? I personally think that is a bit out there for my age group, but

Have your students studied those artists in depth? If not, it coould become
more an argument than a debate...what would you think about joining the Visual
Culture debate? Should images of popular culture be included in art work?
What constitutes art? How about appropriation (sampling) in music and visual
art? etc. I bet it will be interesting in any case. Let us know what happens!
kathy douglas

---