Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: 3 weeks in Japan for free!


Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 12:22:15 PDT

I'm sure this varies from school system to school system. The FMF application
process requires a letter from your principal saying that you will be allowed
to participate if you are selected. As for officially being granted
professional leave, in my system I had to submit the required forms to my principal for
his approval and then sent them on for approval by the person who handles all
staff development and professional development at the school system central
office. I'd say, though, that it would be a good idea to start with your
principal, no matter whether he/she has the final say or not!
Jeff in Georgia

In a message dated 9/30/2004 2:42:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

> The fullbright program to Japan sounds like such a fabulous oppertunity. Im
> just wondering though- who in my district should I contact about having the
> three weeks off to go on the trip, if selected. Is it usually the principal
> who you should contact? Or should I contact someone higher up? Or my Union
> representative?
> Thanks.
> Madeline