Japan Fulbright Program ? for anyone who was selected.

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 07:56:03 PDT

Who else besides Jeff and Susan has been to Japan on this program?

My wonderful former student who is now teaching in the school where I
taught him asked me for guidance in applying for the program next year.
  Would one of you who has been selected be willing to give him a few
minutes of guidance. I have advised him to beef up his contribution to
the art education community outside the local community where he has
been concentrating his efforts.

I can assure you he does his own work, is not a "needy" person who will
bug you. I do not know how to guide him so I am appealing to you for
help.

Thanks for any guidance you can give him.
Sharon ~ NJ

On Wednesday, September 29, 2004, at 08:56 AM, CVsnare@cs.com wrote:

> I will second Jeryl's encouragement to apply for the Fulbright
> Memorial Fund Teacher Program in Japan. I applied last year after
> reading Susan's post, and I was accepted for this year's November
> trip. I'm beginning to get really excited about this opportunity as
> Nov. 13th nears. That's when I'm going to Japan!  (Cleared a major
> worrisome point today by receiving my approved professional leave,.
> Also, I'm very lucky to have a former student of mine who went on to
> get her degree in art, and is now a working sculptor, to have agreed
> to cover my classes for the three weeks I will be away. She went to
> substitute teacher training just so she could do this for me -- and
> her husband is a coach who teaches English down the hall, so if she
> has any discipline problems she has a go-to guy nearby.)
> Jeff in Georgia ---

---