Re: NAEA hotel rooms?

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 07:36:54 PDT

If the rooms are sold out now you can try again the last month as the
conference gets closer. People and organizations reserve rooms in
blocks and then the last few weeks finalize the actual number they will
need. Often rooms open up. You may not get the convention rate at
that time but AAA, Hilton Honors free membership and other discounts
rates are usually comparable.

i never waited for approval to book my room because canceling a room
costs nothing. At least I have the room pinned down. Air line tickets
i have to wait but not hotel reservations. I reserve those right after
conference each year for the next year.

Don't give up on the Conference hotel if that is important to you.
Every location each year has its own unique hotel contract.
I was told that the Marriott is the nicer hotel in Boston.
Sharon ~ NJ

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 04:35 PM, Hillmer, Jan wrote:

> That's the kind of stuff I hate to miss. I still have to requisition
> this from my higher-ups.
> Jan
>
> I called NAEA and they said they were on top of it. By the way the
> special rooms at the Hilton are gone. Marriott at Copley still has
> rooms.

---