shaving cream marbling

---------

From: K A (arizkma_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 23:59:03 PDT

How hard do you press when wiping the shaving cream off the printed paper? I tried it today with first graders and kindergarteners, and at first the tempera paint smeared somewhat, so I let it set until the end of the day. Then I brushed the dried shaving cream off. Some of the paint came off, too, and some prints turned out light. Do I need to water down the tempera? Or is there a special technique for wiping off the shaving cream?

~ Kathleen