RE: Hurricane #4

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 13:25:01 PDT

Finally got to the computer - my kids have been on it nonstop. We made it through Jeanne with only branches and tree litter down - and no electricity for over 24 hrs. Had to throw some stuff away from the fridge - small price to pay. The schools were shut yesterday as well as today - just last week we celebrated our first full week of school. My school is a private school, but we follow the public school's closings. My bet is that we will not continue to do that - there was not a good reason for my school to be out today, but some of the public schools are still working on power, flooding, etc. Used to be I looked forward to a day off, but this is kinda crazy. Now I am worried about keeping the kids learning.
I hope everyone else here in Fl. is ok. I also hope those of you north of FL, but in Jeanne's path will fare ok as well.
Jan