Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: motivation / urban schools

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 12:19:09 PDT

I've always told my students that they need art for all parts of the
human spectrum: if they're going to be rich and famous they will have
to buy art to show their culture and taste and it's an excellent
investment; if they're going to prison they're going to need to occupy

>>> 09/27/2004 7:47:02 PM >>>
I remember once telling two troublemaking jr. high boys all the long
benefits of Art. One of which was "good taste". I said you know
you are
going to want to have a nice apartment someday and you will know how to
looking tacky or uncool. One boy said "Oh my girlfriends will
decorate my