ancient cultures

---------

From: LaDonna Dixon (ldixon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 08:29:45 PDT

Ancient Greece Lesson
Discuss with and show visulas ofancient grecian vessels. There are a
multitude of shapes that they vessels came in....and they all had
"stories" painted on them with bands of designs. Students cut out the
vessel shape they wanted. Then they colored it with crayons, using earth
tones, oranges,reds,browns,tans, etc. Color darkly and fill the entire
space. Then painted over with the tempera/liquid soap combo. Let dry.
Scratch the stories and traditonal greek designs into the vessels. These
turned out great.

Materials:
White poster board
Black tempera paint/ large brushes
Liquid Soap
Scissors
Crayons
Toothpicks (or the real scratch board tools)

LaDonna Dixon, NBCT
Visual Arts Teacher
Round Top Elementary
803-691-8676 x. 3304

" You cannot do a kindness too soon,
   for you never know how soon it will
   be too late."
                        Ralph Waldo Emerson

>>> amytheartteacherkc@yahoo.com 9/28/2004 10:37:45 AM >>>
hi! i'm new here...or newish. i belonged a few years
ago and joined again today with the generous help of
judy decker.

anyway...i am looking for projects on ancient cultures
to do with 4th and 5th graders....any ancient
cultures...ancient egypt, ancient rome, ancient
greece, ancient china, japan, india, etc. i would
also love to see projects about vikings or celts.
if anyone has great ideas or sources, please let me
know!

thanks!
amy in kc