Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Jackie - 3-D art is a good option - motivation

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 06:29:33 PDT

It sounds like you need a 3-D project to hook these
kids (or 2-D on a 3-D surface). I am going to list
ideas off the top of my head.

1. Lia Johnson's Graffiti desk project (results will
WOW you!) I can send you her packet (this is offered
only to Jackie right now) Send me snail mail and cover
cost of postage (I already sent this across the
country once at my expense). Jackie - I do need it
back again (you can stuff my postage cost in at that

2. Look up Women Beyond Borders on my site (wood
boxes)- Artists/Art styles page. I can not give you
URL - my Internet is service is poor right now) Then
look up my recent post on Children's Boxes Beyond
Borders (in Sep archives). Corrugated boxes painted
by kids....Then check BJ's (?) post on Outside the box
- unusual ways to display the boxes.

3. Look up my posts on painting everyday objects
(there are more things that can be painted than
chairs) Turn some everyday objects into works of art.
See what you can find at Goodwill or garage sales to

4. Look up Michael Gerrish's body tattoo arm casts
lesson - linked to middle school on IAD. Kids paint
designs relating to culture on cast arms.

5. Ooops... I had one and now I have forgotten it...
will share off list if I think of it again.
This wasn't it ...but printmaking motivated these
kinds of kids in my class....Look at Expressionism -
particularly the Germans. Do wood cuts or lino cuts -
they loved cutting!

6. A different kind of self portrait.... I can give
you a post by Patty Knott for me

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department