Re: motivation / urban schools

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 03:49:46 PDT

There was a woman from Bowling Green State University at the OAEA
Conference last year sharing about how all the art elements balance out
in a balanced life. She interpreted tons of art therapy-type imagery
according to the elements and principles. It was eye opening for me. It
was kind of like, how things are out of kilter in your life, and how
does that eventually even out. That would be balance, but she did all
the elem and prins that way. It was really cool. It was all about
relating the elems and prins to everyday life, dischord and harmony,
and how our paths go through life.
Beth

On Sep 27, 2004, at 8:36 PM, Aust ArtClasses wrote:

> I have worked for 19 years in poverty social schools.  This is the
> first year I can not catch them, hook them, motivate them.  I have
> read the Ruby Payne book.  How do you explain how the principles and
> elements relate to their lives directly.  It is kind of like.'' How is
> Algebra going to help me in the future"
>
> Jackie Brewer (Aust)
> Bryan High School
> Bryan Texas 77802