Thanks Patti and All for Liquid Starch - Here are lessons

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 19:58:45 PDT

Greetings all,

Thanks for compiling all of the great ideas. Looks
like a good addition for "Art on a Thread" page on
IAD. Those who don't have starch may be able to get a
bottle donated. Certainly cheaper than Mod Podge.

I have emailed most of you for "permission to publish"
your ideas on IAD... I won't get to the page for quite
some time (others have priority now)

If Patty has your idea listed and do not wish for it
to be listed --pleases let me know. I will be
paraphrasing all of it - Not using exact words. I will
just make a list of uses.

I used it for monoprints -- but can't remember how or
what as that was many years ago. Mixing it with Elmers
makes silly putty - I do remember that.

Here is an easy lesson plan to tweak - for tissue
collage leaves:
http://atozteacherstuff.com/pages/444.shtml

Liquid Starch chalk paintings lesson plan:
http://www.svam.org/Education/Education_Content/Lesson_3_pdf/3A.pdf

Painting lesson - Tempera:
http://www.kinderart.com/painting/mousepainting.shtml
Mix with tempera to slow drying time

Paper Mache Lesson plan for tweaking:
http://www.bampfa.berkeley.edu/exhibits/tiepolo/masks.html

Here is a lesson for Marbling:
http://www.meininger.com/Education_Center/Kids_Club/kids_activities/MarblingPaper.cfm

Vano liquid Starch seems to be the brand of choice.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker