Re: Paper marbling

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 19:09:10 PDT

On Sep 27, 2004, at 7:55 PM, lindwood@webtv.net wrote:

> Do you draw on the shaving cream with the fat and EXPENSIVE free art
> chalk, or do you shave it off and then swirl it. Does it dissolve in
> the cream?

To marble paper using Fre-Art Chalk (by Prang), you take the chalk and
scrape it (using a scissor edge or plastic knife) into a pan of water.
It will float on the top of the water. Swirl with a stick or comb.
Then, just dip your paper into the water and run it through the pan.
Viola! Marbled paper!
Doesn't rub off either!

Note - I've tried many different types of chalk and ONLY fre-art works
for marbling.

ann

---