Re: motivation / urban schools

---------

From: Jenny Watlington (pritchard1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 18:41:28 PDT

Do any of them have $100 tennis shoes? They were probably designed by someone with an art background? Look at shoe ads and have them create their own new shoe. (maybe send some in to NIKE and see if they get a letter back). Do they play on any rec league teams?- design a new jersey? I did a compare/contrast of a Model T and a Hummer then synthesized ideas to come up with a "car of the future". Find thier interests, see where art might sneak itself in. Peter