re: how do your students use glue?

---------

From: K A (arizkma_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 17:15:10 PDT

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions about how to use glue with elementary students a short while ago.

We have been making collages for the past couple of weeks, and the two suggestions that have helped the most were

1. the term "glue monsters" (ie - too much glue on the paper - kids LOVE warning each other not to make a glue monster . . . sometimes if they have just a little too much glue I tell them it's a "baby glue monster" and they quickly wipe it up) and

2. telling the students to use "dots" of glue instead of wiping the glue in long stripes.

So thanks!!

~ Kathleen