motivation

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 15:45:13 PDT

Our school is predominantly hispanics and blacks. Many of our
students are constatly moving, or have not desire for the arts,
yet are placed in art because of graduation requirements. I
totalled grades today, 51 out of 117 failed. Now this is based
on poor attendance, not finishing work, sleeping in class, etc.
I gave all sorts of extra ways to get that "extra 100 test
grade".

I know I need to relate it more to them to be meaningful. We
were doing perspective. I gave choice of doing own name in 3pt
or any pt. How more meaningful can you get it.
 We have not finsihed the elements and principles. How can I
make it more meaningful. I am hoping once I do the final
project grade, it will help with the failures.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802
austart@bryanisd.org (Art Classes)