music in our class

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 12:38:55 PDT

This thread reminds me of one particular day in art. I
was playing music in the class and finding a station
that the kids could agree on was becoming a challenge.
So, I decided that the "Oldies but Goodies" station
would be the best bet. The kids whined and complained
about it all period having to listen to 'that' music-
and believe me they complained!

SO, here we are in my class listening to the tunes
when all of a sudden the song (and forgive me if it's
not the correct title) "Louie Louie" came on and I
heard the lyrics being sung in class.I looked up to
see my big strong football players singing! Then it
was like Fame... all the kids started singing and got
up to dance! I laughed so hard! Even to this day- 12
years later- when I hear that song- it brings back
memories. We listened to the 'oldies' station all year long.