Re: Hurricane #4

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 19:33:35 PDT

In a message dated 9/26/2004 12:10:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Jvhharp@aol.com writes:

> My school has been hurricane-proofed nearly every Friday since we started
> in early August. Every Monday (when we actually have school) we unpack and
> begin again.

Checking in from Orlando. Thank you all for the emails of concern and
encouragement. You are a great bunch!

We survived Jeanne # 4 and just got power at 10PM so that I could send this
email. We were without electricity for over 14 hours which is actually
excellent since Charlie was out almost 5 days. We turned the generator on about noon
and were able to use a small TV for news coverage of the storm, a fan which
did an awesome job cooling us off and our refrigerator so that we didn't have
to throw out food this time. That gets expensive!

It is still kicking up a little wind and some rain. Jeanne hit Orlando at
Category 2. We haven't been out in the back yard to check things out but from
what we can see from our boarded up windows, it doesn't look too bad. We still
have curfew until 6am Monday. One small tree in the front yard is down AGAIN. It
has hit the deck with all 4 storms, poor thing.

It is good to be back in the 21st century with lights, TV, DVD, computer and
AC. We still have 2 months of this to go as hurricane season doesn't end until
November. I pray this is the last but we will refill our hurrncane pantry
just in case.

Jan hang in. Ann, glad to hear your daughters did fine. Heard Coral Springs
got through unscathed. How about the rest of the Floridians on this list?

Marsh (MArshArt) in Orlando

---