cataracts--can't drive very far

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 19:23:54 PDT

Sorry to bother you with such depressing news. I have cataracts and now
driving has become hazardous. So I am no longer driving into San Francisco
and back. I'm just driving to the transit station and taking BART and the
muni bus. That cuts down on the number of schools I can go to in San
Francisco. So I am just going to substitute for the ones on the east side,
where I know how to get there on public transit, instead of all over the
city. I have to turn down jobs and there is no way for me to tell them the
reason why I am turning them down, or for me to ask how to get there on the
bus..

They say that Monet did his best work as he was going blind, but this is
awful! I do feel as if I have to see it all and paint it all right now
before I lose my vision completely!

There's a lot of glare and I can't read at all with my right eye. I'll have
the first surgery in mid November. But people say it is generally a very
successful operation.

Jean Womack

---