RE: Liquid Starch Uses

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 18:50:01 PDT

Not sure about the tempera idea, but I have used it as an adhesive for tissue
paper, kind of like cheap Mod podge. I had the students draw a picture, tear
pieces of colored tissue, lay them on top of the picture, and paint over the
top of the tissue with the starch to adhere.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From MissCaiola@aol.com =====
>I found in the back of my elementary art room a case (8 large bottles) of
>Liquid Starch. I have heard that I can mix liquid starch with tempera paint
>make it thick like finger paints? Is this true? Are there any other uses
out
>there for liquid starch in the art room?
>
>Thanks!
>Patti in Toledo, OH
>

>---

---