machines and more

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 13:20:40 PDT

hi!

jeanne is giving me a chance to get caught up - can't
believe we still have electricity here in gainesville,
fl. its blowing quite a bit and there have been some
flickers...

i added some images to my yahoo albums page:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wendypaigefree/my_photos

- two are student works and one is my example from the
machines project judy was talking about earlier. this
was an end of the year art 1 (hs) project - watercolor
and colored pencil. i made a worksheet to share with
students by cutting and pasting images from art.com of
bicycles portrayed different ways. we brainstormed a
lot; i really encouraged students to pick a subject
(machine) that was personally meaningful to them and
to design an interesting composition. my machine was
"plumbing" - love those hot baths, showers, and all
that h20 on demand! my example shows the stages of
the project, from sketch to painting to colored pencil
accents. students were encouraged to use imagery that
supported their idea. hope this is useful!

sorry i'm not posting much yet this year - very busy
with six classes and no planning period. great
students, but many haven't had art in a loooong time,
lots of skill- and confidence- building.

advanced art kids are working on a tryptych. the
first image is a pencil study of an orchid, the second
an abstract version in chalk pastel, and the third a
nonobjective watercolor painting. taking a bit longer
to finish with all our missed days, but they're
looking great so far. will share when done! right
now i have my example of the pencil study up in the
yahoo albums.

hoping for safe passage for all through jeanne and NO
MORE HURRICANES!

:D wendy free