RE: open house

---------

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 10:55:43 PDT

I barely have time to go over who I am, what the class is about, what my
expectations for the class are in my allotted 9 minutes, I can't imagine
trying to do an activity. I will say, however, that after 28 years, I have
my 'act' together enough that parents come up to me and ask if they can take
my class! This year's open house (which we dubb "back to school" night) was
cancelled do to the fact that we are working without a contract. "They"
might reschedule, but we need to settle first.

As an aside, Ellen Silverman and I are doing an Altered Books workshop on
Tuesday night at the New Jersey Art Educator's conference. We collaborated
online, and then met in person. We are excited to present and would love to
see any "Jersey" teachers who might be at the convention. The round robin
experience not only gave me a lovely art book with unbelievable
contributions, but enabled me to meet and work with Ellen. How cool is
that???

San D
    Does anyone have a good idea for an open house activity. I have about 9
minutes with each group. I have done blind contours before, I'm looking for
any other suggestions.

---