Bounced Mail Woes - Lyris has several commands

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 07:11:39 PDT

Dear J and All,

If Getty list bounces your mail - you will generally
get a response back from Lyris server explaining why.
I am guessing that with Sharon, she had copied too
many lines from existing posts...or it could have been
some other reason. Anytime I get a bounce mail I just
edit it and resend.

One question I have for you "J" is, Do you download
your mail everyday even though you have no time to
read it? If your mail is piling up and getting bounced
because your mailbox is full - then the server puts
your mail "on hold". If you try to send in a post it
gets bounced. Glance through these messages and see if
you received them - if you didn't -then you were "on
hold"
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Sep04/date.html

If spend time writing a long post - save it in your
sent folder until you at least see it come through. If
it does come through - give it a new subject line and
try again....adding a note that the first post didn't
come through.

At one time Woody posted all of the Lyris commands for
bounce mail - but I didn't save them. Lyris helps keep
this running - without those commands - the list would
just vanish. Knock on wood - we haven't had a down
time in a long time...Which means they haven't had to
add any new lyris commands....Now just chuckle folks.
If they have to add a proof reader now too - that will
surely be the end of the list (just thought I would
throw in some humor). I know Randy won't see this -
but I'm still in my "snit" (chuckles). I can't spell
check in Yahoo (or my post disappears - so now it
takes me so much longer to make a post). I find my
mistakes after my posts come through...so I am just
not going to read them anymore.

Judy Decker "Joan d'Getty list"