Re: Hurricane #4

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 16:10:46 PDT

In a message dated 9/25/2004 9:59:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, O8Neil@aol.com
writes:

> To all who have been through so much this hurricane season. We are sending
> prayers and good thoughts. Stay safe and keep in touch it means much to us
> who are out of harms way to be with you in spirit. Blessings Carol

Thanks to Linda and Carol and others for your prayers. In Florida, we have
learned that we have NO control over the weather here and we rely onours & the
prayers of others to keep us safe. We are all boarded up and ready to go. We
are getting so good at it that we did it in half the time it took us for
Charlie (about 3 hours). Schools will be closed again on Monday. It was surreal to
be celebrating our Homecoming game last night with all the usual hoopla and
then to go home and start preparing for Jeanne.

Seems like we have been spending every other weekend in a storm. In a way it
is good. Less people on the roads in 45 + mi. and hour winds. We have 8:30pm
curfews to prevent looting in areas that are evacuated and they just announced
that there will be no bond for those caught. Some low-lifes have even been
stealing generators out of people's garages this week.

Orlando should start feeling some of the winds early AM Sunday. Right now it
is soooo quiet. The trees are hardly moving. It was like this with the last 3
storms also. I usually don't freak out with stuff like this but there is
always an underlying stress, mostly for our family's safety. I notice people in the
supermarket are more matter of fact too. Practice makes perfect.

Marsh in Orlando (MarshArt)

---