RE: Starry night with shaving cream

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 12:33:04 PDT

I had the students draw a landscape on black paper the same width as the
marbled paper. I then traced over the top edge of their landscape with a
silver gel pen and told them to cut on that line so that they end up with a
silhouette. Ahh, now that I reread your post, I see that you want something
brighter. Well, anyway, here is how we did them for anyone who is curious.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Bruthrobson@aol.com =====
>I did the starry night with shaving cream and they are wonderful!
>I am not sure how to finish them.
>They are blue, black, yellow and white swirls like the stars.
>It looks like marbled paper but I want to unify it with the silouette.
>What medium does anyone suggest?
>I did a demo with oil pastel and then sort of went over it with black watered
>down tempera and it looks ok but I am thinking it could really be bright and
>beautiful but I can't put my finger on what to use.
>THanks in advance,
>Brenda
>

>---

---