Re: Help! My Oaxacan animal has termites!

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 07:04:57 PDT

Put it in the freezer for a couple of weeks. That is supposed to kill
the bugs. This infestation can also happen with works made with yarn or
other fibers.

Nancy

>>> cen_aca_dp@nwoca.org 9/24/2004 8:23:55 AM >>>
I recently bought a jackrabbit wood carving made by Zeny Fuentes from
Crzmac.
It is beautiful! I noticed that after a few days of it sitting on my
shelf, it
had "expelled" little piles of sawdust. I saw tiny holes and thought
maybe
that they were intentionally drilled and the sculpture was simply
"weeeping"
the sawdust. (Why I thought this is beyond me. I have another sculpture
and it
didn't do this.) Today, I noticed more piles of sawdust and lifted it
to look.
There was a termite crawling out of one of the holes! Can anyone please
tell
me what in the world I should do? Is it a lost cause? Do I call the
company?
LOL. IT would be really funny if I hadn't paid so much for it.

Thanks in advance,
Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---